A stack of old law reports on a black background.If you recently attended the magistrate’s court in relation to a sexual offence and you feel the sentence you received was too high or you were found guilty and continue to maintain your innocence you have a right to appeal to the Crown Court.

There are time limits that have to be complied with and any appeal must be received by with the court within 21 days of you being sentenced. So if you wish to appeal please contact us straight away!

You can call us 24 hours a day 7 days a week. You will always be advised by an experienced sexual offence solicitor never a trainee secretary or unqualified ‘paralegal’.

Unfortunately due to current workloads we are presently not able to offer any advice or representation in relation to appeals against convictions and sentences imposed by the Crown Court; and if you are unhappy with the result of your Crown Court case and want to receive advice as to whether you can appeal to the Court of Appeal we are able to refer you to an alternative solicitor. General information about appealing to the Court of Appeal can be found here.


Back to our Areas of Expertise  Contact McMillans Solicitors